As we live in a digital age, first impressions truly are lasting and when it comes to your SaaS product, you need to make...Read More
Enhance Your SaaS Solution with Rapid PrototypingIdea to Product
It’s no secret that some of the most successful SaaS companies rely on rapid prototyping to accelerate ideas and solutions. Just like an entrepreneur, a UX or UI designer or product owner try out their ideas with a clickable design prototype before they start building, rapid prototyping is a great tool for any SaaS company to use before spending time, money, and development or engineering resources on a software application.
We have over 15 years of working on user experience design projects and are ready to help you create or improve your digital product (website, software, or app). Work with an expert who can uncover and understand your users’ needs and design products that balance business objectives.
Why Choose Seedboost
We can provide a review of your existing product, taking into account your business objectives, customer needs, competitors, analytics, and best practice for your industry. Seedboost provides a detailed analysis of strengths and weaknesses and can provide wireframes of suggested improvements.
After capturing your business requirements and gathering an understanding of your customers, we can help you define key user journeys to help get customers from A to B, creating wireframes and prototypes to visualise and test the user interface that will achieve these journeys.
This might form the blueprint for graphic design and development or the basis for an MVP for pitching to investors.
What is a prototype and why is it important?
A software prototype can be described as a representation of the system’s user interface (UI), without requiring all the in-depth functionality of the final product. Whenever a new product is designed, time and effort should be spent on the product’s user interface – but sometimes that doesn’t happen at all, and that leads to a failed user experience.
So, how does a design team ensure they have the right UI design? One approach is to have a UX designer on the team – an expert in interface design and usability.
Traditional methods already allowed designers to build prototypes, but it was time-consuming and tedious. Not to mention, modifying a prototype during a demonstration was nearly impossible and it might take days to accomplish.
This is why rapid prototyping has become the new standard in SaaS development.
The rise of rapid prototyping
With the rise of modern prototyping software tools, rapid prototyping became possible. Rapid prototyping refers to the process of creating a prototype quickly and being able to modify the prototype in real-time using state-of-the-art technology.
Successful rapid prototypes are built by talented User Experience (UX) designers, to showcase a product’s abilities and shortcomings to users, stakeholders, and developers.
This is where the ‘rapid’ part comes in.
The wireframes in these prototypes are also dynamic, rather than static so that designers can demonstrate UI features interactively. This allows stakeholders to get a good idea of the various user journeys the application provides. It’s a close representation of the ‘real thing’.
What are the advantages of rapid prototyping?
Rapid prototyping for SaaS projects offers numerous benefits:
- It allows the designers and developers to quickly understand the stakeholders’ input into UI design.
- It fits in with agile software development, where it’s not practical to wait for several days or weeks to have a prototype modified.
- It gets everyone on the same page – designers, developers, sponsors, users, and testers – regarding expectations and requirements.
Often, how a UX developer interprets a given requirement is not always accurate when compared to what the user meant by it. With a rapid prototype, everyone can experience the interpretation visually, before any code is actually written, avoiding potential issues in the future.
UX prototype vs UI design and a complete prototype
At Seedboost we offer different prototype packages, including the UX Wireframe Prototype package and the UI Design & Prototype package.
The UX Wireframe Prototype package allows you to turn your idea into a tangible product by getting a clickable wireframe of your software or app, ready for design. This option takes around four weeks, and includes the following:
- In-depth analysis to solidify and build business goals, user needs, and use cases into your product
- Identify and resolve UX and UI pain points
- Suggestions and advice on new features and functionalities based on best practices and expert and data insight
- UX design concepts, wireframing, and click-through prototype (includes user journey prototype link)
- Using data gathered during our analysis, we test user journeys and product alignment with business goals
- Demonstration of end-to-end user journey pre-UI design stage
- Storyboard, user flow, process flow, and site mapping to ensure interaction and design concepts are communicated to developers
The UI Design & Prototype package allows you to turn your wireframe or prototype into an interactive design, ready to hand over to your developers. The timescale is around six weeks, and include the following:
- Explanation and discussion of key principles and guidelines for your product’s UI, UX, and interaction to achieve optimal ROI
- Design direction for branding, style, visual impact, and typography
- Creation of a style guide to ensure consistency and alignment with business and brand goals
- Implementation of UX/UI recommendations after a thorough audit
- Fully interactive prototype with visual and UI design
- Development-ready mockups with screens, graphics, colours, icons, etc.
- Developer handover of all assets, designs, as well as guidance and support to third party development teams
One of the most important outcomes of rapid prototypes is the reduced defects during the traditional testing phase after implementation or development. This is because the stakeholders could practically experience the product before building anything, and the developers had a visual reference to exactly what it is they need to build.
If you want to avoid a frustrating user experience and wasting time on a SaaS product that doesn’t get the results you’ve hoped for – we can help.
Contact us today for a free consultation and see how we can help turn your SaaS product into a huge success with a great user experience.